Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Yes, I'm still here and I am still bad at this....

I want to be better at this. I have had lots of things roaming in my head for days. Some that I can talk about. Some that I can't. But I am finding more and more that I can work things out by getting them out and on 'paper', so to speak. So plan on checking in more often. 

The thought I want to share today is that the way we treat others is a window to our souls. Not how we treat our friends, but how we treat those we don't know. Are you kind to the poor girl ringing up your Christmas presents? Even though the store didn't have what you want? How do you treat that teenager working at McDonald's so they can go to college? What about the barista who just got your order incorrect? What about that guy that just cut you off on the freeway?

My sis and I were just talking about this. She said she wants to walk away knowing that she made their day just a little bit better. After the clerk asks you how you are, she asks how they are. Just a simple question and a little understanding goes a long way.

Take a moment today to bless someone in that small way. Don't take out your frustrations on someone just because they are there. Try to spread a little joy to everyone, not just those on your Christmas list.

No comments: